Monday, March 14, 2011

There's A First For Everything

The older I get the more I realize there truly is a first for everything. Today marks the first time in 4 years that my boss verbally complimented me. I've learned not to expect it from him, not because of anything wrong with him or me, but because he's just the quiet type. But he did it, he said, 'you look really nice today'! 

After getting past the shock and warm feeling it brought me to be complimented (oh c'mon you know you like to be complimented too), I began to think of all my firsts, like the first tooth/teeth I lost while running through my dads shop and tripping to find my two front teeth stuck to my fruit roll up. Or my first pair of high heels, they were gold and beautiful. Unfortunately they didn't really fit me, they were far too big, but I didn't care, I wore them like a lovely lady! Or my first time driving, I thought I was going to be stuck using public transportation or riding my bike before I could learn to drive a manuel transmission alas, I learned and now, that's all I drive. Or my first time in Disneyland, thought that day would never come, since I was twelve when my parents finally decided to take us, I think they wanted to avoid putting me on one of those child leashes, probably still should've since I had the tendency to wander and get lost in the crowd. This is the first time I've worn this outfit, trying to re-create all 30 items for 30 days makes everyday a first, right?! 
(Jacket-Anthro, Shirt-Nordstrom, Leggings-Forever 21, Shoes-Forever 21)

No comments:

Post a Comment